DESA Oral History Project
Accessing the archives:
The physical items pertaining to this project are permanently deposited in the University Archives, in the Monmouth University Library. The collection includes paper transcripts, audio and video cassettes, 3 1/2 inch floppy diskettes, release forms and other materials. At this time, the collection is still being processed. Once processing is completed, interested persons are invited to make an appointment to use the collection. Please call the Library to schedule an appointment.
In the meantime, please enjoy the electronic archives offered in these Web pages. [Back to the Home Page]
Thanks are due to many people for making this project possible:
- To the DESA Veterans, for their participation and their histories;
- To the students of Professor Susan Douglass's HS298 (Fall 2002) class, for conducting the interviews;
- To Prof. Susan Douglass, for envisioning this project;
- To Prof. Michael Banick, for processing the collection and creating the digital archives;
- Mr. James Mitchell, for serving as the liaison between DESA and Professor Douglass;
- To Mr. Chris Ellwood, for scanning the many images of the veterans;
- To Ms. Michele Jackym, for scanning several interviews, making them digitally available;
- To Mr. Wayne Elliott, for his help in creating the photo gallery of veterans.
Archives & Special Collections
Monmouth University Library
West Long Branch, NJ 07764