Parking & Directions
Resident students must park in their assigned lot.
Non-Resident Students (with valid decal)
Lot 20, except in spots designated library employee parking
Designated Library spots on University Road
Lot 2- Designated spots
Lot 4- after 5pm
Library Guests- with valid visitors permit
- Designated Library spots on University Road
- Lot 2- Designated spots
- Lot 4- after 5pm
Special Parking Permits One-Day Permit:
Please Note: Library visitors must obtain a visitors permit. This permit authorizes parking for guests for one day and is available at Police Headquarters, the Greeter’s Booth off of Cedar Avenue, and from the traffic attendant off of Larchwood Avenue.
In compliance with the New Jersey Motor Vehicle Services laws and regulations, applications for a temporary New Jersey Motor Vehicle Services permit and a set of instructions for its completion can be picked up at the University police department, 24 hours a day, seven days a week.
If you have any questions or concerns regarding these changes, do not hesitate to contact the Monmouth University Police Department, 732-571-3467.
1. From the Garden State Parkway: Take Exit 105. The Parkway offramp leads directly onto Route 36 East. Continue on Route 36 East approximately three miles to Route 71 South. Go approximately one mile and Route 71 will fork left and become Cedar Avenue. Follow Route 71/Cedar Avenue for approximately one half mile. Turn left at the Norwood Avenue light. Library is the large, white building on the right.
2. From the NJ Turnpike: From the South, take Turnpike North to Exit 7A. After the toll plaza, take I-195 East to Shore Points. Approaching Belmar, I-195 becomes NJ Route 138. After crossing the Garden State Parkway, exit right to NJ Route 18 North, marked Eatontown. Take the Deal Road exit and drive east to the intersection at Monmouth Road. Turn left and proceed to the third traffic light, which is Cedar Avenue. Turn right onto Cedar (also labeled NJ Route 71 South). Follow Route 71/Cedar Avenue for approximately one half mile. Turn left at the Norwood Avenue light. Library is the large, white building on the right.
3. From the NJ Turnpike: From the North, take Turnpike South to Exit 11 (Garden State Parkway South). Take Exit 105 as outlined in #1 above.
4. From Trenton and Points West: Take I-195 East, and follow directions outlined in #2 above. 5. From the Freehold Area: Take US Route 9 South to I-195 East. Follow directions outlined in #2 above. 6. From Coastal New England and Boston: Take I-195 South to I-287 West to the Tappan Zee Bridge. Follow I-287 to the Garden State Parkway South. Follow directions outlined in #1 above.